From the very beginning, organizing a fun race while giving back to the community has been our focus. We have been able to donate over $85,000 to local charities and organizations through the first nine years!
Charitable donations by year:
- 2013: $4,000+ American Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
- 2014: $7,000+ American Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
- 2015: $9,000 We started to split our donation – Westhill Educational Foundation, American Cancer Society (Relay For Life), and CNY Cystic Fibrosis (chosen as the winner of our writing contest).
- 2016: $10,500 Westhill Educational Foundation, HopePrint, and Mended Little Hearts (chosen as the winner of our writing contest).
- 2017: $11,250 Westhill Educational Foundation, American Cancer Society (Relay For Life), and Donate Life
- 2018: $12,200 Westhill Educational Foundation, Westhill Booster Club, Donate Life, and Solvay Fire Department
- 2019: $13,100 Westhill Educational Foundation, Westhill Booster Club, Solvay-Geddes Community Youth Center and five winners chosen by our expanded writing contest (Misfits Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, The ALS Association Upstate New York chapter, the local chapter of American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Upstate New York, and Donate Life America)
- 2020: $5,000 The Westhill Holiday Sharing Program organized by the school social worker team and five winners chosen by our writing contest (The ALS Association Upstate New York Chapter, The Second Chance Canine Adoption Shelter, The Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance, Autism Speaks, and The Ronald McDonald House Charities Central New York.)
- 2021: $5,000 St. Charles Food Pantry and the Westhill Holiday Sharing Program oganized by the school social work team.
- 2022: $8,000 St. Charles Food Pantry and the Westhill Educational Foundation.
- TOTAL: $85,050+
For the 2023 event the Westhill Educational Foundation and the St. Charles Food Pantry have been designated as the primary recipients of our funding.