From the very beginning, organizing a fun race while giving back to the community has been our focus. We have been able to donate over $67,000 to local charities and organizations through the first seven years!
Charitable donations by year:
- 2013: $4,000+ American Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
- 2014: $7,000+ American Cancer Society (Relay for Life)
- 2015: $9,000 We started to split our donation – Westhill Education Foundation, American Cancer Society (Relay For Life), and CNY Cystic Fibrosis (chosen as the winner of our writing contest).
- 2016: $10,500 Westhill Education Foundation, HopePrint, and Mended Little Hearts (chosen as the winner of our writing contest).
- 2017: $11,250 Westhill Education Foundation, American Cancer Society (Relay For Life), and Donate Life
- 2018: $12,200 Westhill Education Foundation, Westhill Booster Club, Donate Life, and Solvay Fire Department
- 2019: $13,100 Westhill Education Foundation, Westhill Booster Club, Solvay-Geddes Community Youth Center and five winners chosen by our expanded writing contest (Misfits Animal Rescue and Sanctuary, The ALS Association Upstate New York chapter, the local chapter of American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Upstate New York, and Donate Life America)
- TOTAL: $67,050+
For the 2020 event we have made arrangements to donate the main proceeds of the race to the following two organizations – click on the links to go to their sites to learn more about them:
In addition to the main two above, our writing contest will determine an additional five organizations that will be receiving funds based on the winning entries submitted by Westhill students.